Friday, August 13, 2010

A Little update


So I have posted a lot of pictures, but I just thought I would help myself remember and share with everyone some funny things Mackenzie haas been doing lately!


When she sits down she throws one leg over the other to cross her legs. It doesn't matter if she is sitting on the couch, a step, the ground, a chair...she always crosses her legs.


THe other day I ask Adam if he would do me a favor and then proceeded to get him to take out the trash...well Mackenzie looked over at him when he got back in and looked very serious and said "Daddy favor?" So I said "What favor do you want?" She thought for a minute and said "HUG!" It was so precious!


We have now sold our jeep and so I take Adam to work a lot of mornings in order to have a car durin the day. A few days ago I was dropping him off and he gave me a kiss and walked into his building. When we started driving away, Mackenzie started pouting. I asked her what was wrong and she almost in tears said "Daddy Kiss". It broke my heart but Adam couldn't come back to the car. Well, he hasn't forgotten to give her a kiss since!


In the car if I am singing or Adam and I are talking Mackenzie will get really quite and then extra loudly say "Mo, shhhhhhhhhh". And then it becomes a game. I tell her to be quiet and she shhhh's me back!


She can count to ten with my help.


She sings her ABCs.


She also sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. (with her singing she really stays in tune...maybe she will be musically inclined! That would be GREAT!)


This girl doesn't forget anything or miss anything. We do lots of spelling now because if we say a word like swim, pool, shower, car, drive, etc. she will not leave it alone!


She walks around on the phone all the time talking. I ask her who she is talking to and she doesn't skip a beat and replies GIGI!


Mackenzie i being so helpful now. When I change her diaper she goes and throws the diaper in the trash can. If it is time to get ready for bed, she help me take her clothes off and throws them in her dirty clothes basket and gets her PJs out. HOW AWESOME!


She is really understanding everything. If we tell her to do or not to do something she does what she is supposed to. Sometimes we have to tell her why, but she is so great because it isn't a constant fight.


She still won't really play by herself. If she ever does, we take advantage of it and just leave her alone.


She loves "Doggies" (101 Dalmations), "Mahney" (Barney), "Elelella" (Cinderella), and "Bear" (Open Season). The only problem is when I turn these movies on I have to sit with her. She really just doesn't want to be alone!!! It is really hard sometimes because I have so much I need to do during the day.


She went through about a month of mommyitis, but she is so much better now.


Her appetite has finally picked up. She likes to eat all day now. And I don't mean snacks. She wants cereal, then toast, chicken nuggets, a hot dog, fish sticks, pizza, fruit, veggies, all day long. She has food constantly in her hands. I am happy because maybe she will finally gain some weight considering she is almost 2 and still weighs like 22 pounds (isn't that what most 1 year olds weigh?)


Anyways we are having a great time learning and growing everyday! She is such a joy in our lives! Now don't get me wrong...sometimes she drives us crazy if she is too tired and throwing full out tantrums which she is really good at, but when she is happy it is so great! We couldn't imagine life without her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the updates! You will be so glad that you wrote all of this down. Hard to remember years down the road. Such a cutie, even if I am biased.

Love to all,
Mom