Monday, August 22, 2011

Tanners 1 and 2 Month

Life is just soooooo different when you have 2 kids.  I just knew that it would be easy to find a time when both kids are asleep so I could keep up with my blog, or at night when they are both fast asleep for the night.... YEAH RIGHT!!!!  My kids don't sleep at the same time during the day, and they don't go to bed until I am ready to go to bed at night!!! 

But Tanner is now 2 months old, but I want to go back and remind myself and let those who care know what is going on with him.

Tanner is growing so fast!!!!  By 1 month he was just trying to figure out what this whole world was about.  He was gaining weight so quickly and he is growing like a weed.  He was nursing well by 1 month old (it took Mackenzie about 2 months to figure it out).  The only problem is that he is spitting up all the time.  By spitting up I mean he is soaking through at least a full cloth diaper at each feeding.  We have tried him on 2 different medicines, but one didn't help the spitting up, and the other one seemed to give him a tummy ache.  So we are just dealing with the spitting up.  I guess we shouldn't worry though because he really is gaining weight well.

At Tanner's 2 month appointment he weighed 11 lbs. 6 oz. and was I think 23 inches long.  He is around 50th percentile on everything...like 45 on one and 60 on the other or something (I don't have the paper with me).  

Tanner did roll over on Friday.  He did a VERY SLOW roll from his tummy to his back.  He pushed himself onto his side and hung out there for about 2 mins and then continued on to his back.  So I don't think I would really consider that a roll over, but he did roll over slowly.  

He is such a happy baby when he doesn't have a burp coming.  Yesterday at church he was up on my shoulder and the girls sitting behind us were being entertained.  They kept touching his little hands and smiling at him and he was talking up a storm.  It was hilarious.    He kept smiling and talking to them.  It was a fun day at church.

Tanner is also holding his head up really well already.  He hates tummy time so much.  He screams after being on the ground for about 10 seconds.  So it is hard for me to do tummy time with him.  It is a work in progress.  He also fights sleep during the day.  He gets really upset when he is tired and just hates to close his eyes.  He just stops blinking when he knows he is tired. 

But at night he does wonderfully.  Take last night for example...he ate at 6:30 and went to bed at 8.  He didn't wake up until 3:30 to eat and then he slept until 7.  I would say that is a good night.  So I can deal with not napping well during the day if I get to sleep at night.

And he is waking up again...so here are a few quick pictures of him...


Tanner at 1 month...with his doggy that Kenzie made for him.


Tanner at 2 months



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My, my, my. Such a big little boy. I guess that you can use two opposing adjectives to describe the same thing. (Katie?????)
He has changed much more than I thought. Is the smile because he is happy or has gas?
Lots of love and kisses,
Dad

Jenna said...

Thanks for trying to keep up the blog....I do read it every time you update so keep it up :) I love the pictures....Tanner is such a cutie!

Katie said...

I love how Kenzie looks at him: pure love for her little brother. Wish I could hold him before he starts walking. When are you coming to visit again???

Anonymous said...

Such cute kids, even if they are my grands! Thanks for the updates...I feel like I am missing so much! Give them a kiss and a hug from Gigi!

Michelle said...

Love the pics and posts! Two is definitely...crazy! It gets better...and worse! :) Love to you all!