Monday, September 28, 2009

Birthday Party

Mackenzie will be 1 year old on Wednesday. I can't believe it!
But we had her first birthday party on Saturday and it was a success!
I decided to try my hand at my first cake. I wanted to do cupcakes, so I did a cupcake cake. It was really fun to try. I found a picture of Winnie the Pooh (the theme of the party) on the internet, and looked at the picture while I freehanded my design on the cake. It was kinda stressful because my mom and I were trying to use food coloring to make our own colors and make sure the consistancy stayed right. Also, we didn't have any cake decorating stuff, so I used plastic baggies and piped on the icing using just a cut corner of the baggy. I am so proud of myself. Who needs cake decorating classes, stencils, or real cake decorating tools when you have a picture on the internet, powdered sugar, milk, butter, food coloring, and baggies. (We actually made the cake on Thursday just incase the cake didn't turn out...then we would have enough time to order a cake from the store! HAHA).
Here is the final result.


Then on to the party...

We went to a local park and just had fun.


Lots of our friends and Mackenzie's friends came!








Then it was time to sing happy birthday and blow out the candle. The only problem is that the wind was blowing so it wouldn't light. But atleast we got a cute picture.


Then it was time to enjoy the cake.






We also had a pinata that Tonya's parents made. All the kids loved this, and got a chance to take a swing. It actually took the adults taking a few swings for it to finally break. The kids went crazy for the candy. No one left with less than an overflowing bag of candy!




Then on to presents. Thank you for everything. Mackenzie was so excited for all the new things

6 comments:

Hailey said...

Happy Birthday Mackenzie!!

Katie said...

This makes me cry. I miss her so much! It looks like her birthday was a huge success. GO, YOU with the cake! I think I need to get you to teach me cake decorating, instead of paying for a class. That's so impressive!!! Happy Birthday to Mackenzie. Love you guys!

Alison Russell said...

Well I've been thinking about Mackenzie's birthday all month!! And I've been looking for a card (multiple times), but I couldn't find a good one until last Saturday. I finally got it in the mail today because we ran out of stamps too.. I was tempted to put on two 43cent stamps, but I thought that would be a little weird.

Anyways, Happy Birthday tomorrow Mackenzie!

Jenna Jaye said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MACKENZIE!!!!!!

ps-LOVE the cake. you did a great job!!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to Mackenzie!!

Tina and Joe Rankin said...

Happy Birthday Mackenzie! It is crazy to think that you are one already.