Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Long Time No See

Lets start out with some pictures from NC...

My friend Hailey and I got together at the park and here are her two little ones with Mackenzie


This is what Mackenzie did (ran all over the place) while...


Poppy chased her like this making scary noises. It was so funny. If he stopped she would just keep saying more until he would do it again.


Poppy was her chillin out friend too.


We went to Outback to celebrate Daddy's birthday when he came to visit us in NC. Mackenzie helped him eat his ice cream.


She was happy to be eating cheese fries and bloomin onion.


Ok, time to get out now, I have finished eating!


Sorry I have been such a slacker in the blogging department. Since I have been back in Colorado I have been soooo busy whenever I would have the chance to blog.

The only time I really can blog i during Mackenzie's naps and late at night. During all of her naps I have been doing things around this crazy house. For example, as soon as she has gone to sleep everyday this past week, I have run downstairs thrown on my paint clothes and painted a pantry, closet, and another bedroom. That may not seem like much but each one needed two coats and there were lots of nooks and crannys to get to. I am just ready to at least have this house painted completely so that I don't feel icky when I walk into certain rooms.

But life has been good since we have been back in CO. Mackenzie and I really miss being in NC, and I really really miss having constant babysitters and human toys to entertain this girl.

My next big blogging project is to start taking some after pictures of these rooms so that I can post about our house that we have been working on for what already seems lie forever. But I know some of the rooms won't be completely done until July. My parents are awesome and are providing us with lots of furniture to put in our home. So my great hubby gets to drive a Uhaul across the country.

But since we have been back Mackenzie is continuing to learn so many words.
A few that I can think of off the top of my head are
- downstairs
-upstairs
-I love you
-help
-dance
-icky
-yuck

The funniest thing (ok not really funny, but you can't help laugh)...she is starting to pick her nose. Not like for real, but she puts her fingers up her nose and says yuck or icky just to see what we will do. We have tried to tell her it is icky, and to not do it, we have ignored her,but we just can't help laughing to ourselves, because when she does it...it is just too funny.
Also, the first thing she ever wants to do when she wakes up in the morning is dance. She also wants to dance whenever I walk into the kitchen. I have a cd player in the kitchen and she wants me to turn it on and make a fool of myself while she sits and laughs. She just rocks back and forth and will turn in circles if I am lucky, but she gets mad if I am not "dancing".
Also, Alison (Adam's sister) and her husband Ryan decided to take a road trip from Provo to Denver to come see us. It was a fast trip and it was cold, so we didn't do a ton, but it was great to see them. Thanks for coming you guys!
That is all for now because Mackenzie is waking up...
I will try to do better about blogging!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting! I have been craving some pics of our sweet Mackenzie. Sure do miss all of you - wish you were closer. Enjoy fixing up your home! Wish I could help more...

Love you,
MOM

Lyla And Company! said...

I am just sooooo sorry we didn't get to do lunch ONCE!!! Gosh I am sooo fired! Next time I PROMISE!!! xoxoxo baby for us! We love and miss you all and so happy to hear all is well!

Ashley said...

The most important thing is that she's dancing :-)