Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Things are great!

Well, I am in NC and have been for a few weeks now.
I am not doing a very good job keeping up with blogging, but here is a little update without pictures. (They will go up sometime at a later date).


I have had Lasik surgery and am seeing great. I am still a little blurry in one eye, but it is still healing. I got to wear these VERY SEXY goggles to sleep in so I didn't accidentally rub my eyes. I was not supposed rub or touch my eye for a week. That also included putting on makeup, getting water in them, or anything that could come in contact with my eyes. I did a good job and did exactly as the doctor asked. Now I should be good. I my eyes are doing great and I can go about my normal life. I am just so excited that I can see!

Being at home is great, (I just wish my hubby was here too). He did come for a long weekend to spend some time with us, but it just wasn't long enough. He does have a job and has to support us somehow, so he had to get back.

Since we have been home, Mackenzie has not done a great job sleeping. She wakes up at night sometimes and thinks it is time to play. For the first almost 2 weeks, she would be awake for hours at a time in the middle of the night. I thought it was going to kill me. She still is getting up at night, just most nights it isn't for hours. I think she is just excited to have all these people around all the time and doesn't want to be left out.

I also got my hair chopped off a week or two ago. I need to take a picture. I don't really have a "before" picture, but the "after" is very different from what my hair has looked like the last few months. The only bad thing about my hair being this short is that I can't pull it back in a pony tail. If you are just so excited and can't wait to see it, you can go back on my blog like a year or so ago (the summer before I had Mackenzie) and see how short my hair was at that time. I think it is actually a little shorter now than it as then. But it is cute when it is fixed.

Oh I also wanted to put a little update about all the things Mackenzie is doing.

I think this has been a great trip for her. With all the stimulation around, she has really grown and learned a TON!

Some words she says now are:
  • please
  • thank you
  • Gigi (this is now what we are calling my mom cause having 2 Nana's was very confusing)
  • Poppy (my dad's new name)
  • Papa (my grandfather)
  • Ball
  • Apple
  • Outside (she said it for the first time this morning)
  • Up
  • Bottle (baba)
  • Daddy
  • Hi
  • Bye Bye
  • Me
  • Katie (she said it one time, so we will see if she continues)
  • Stinky, stinky, stinky (when we change her diaper)

I know there are some that I am missing but I will update this more if I think of any.

She is also changing her baby doll's diaper, feeding and burping the baby, riding her rocking horse, opening doors (she is just tall enough to reach the handle and pull it down to push or pull the door open. We were hoping this one would wait until our next trip. At our house we have the round knobs, so that is take a little longer to figure out.) She is flying up and down the stairs, she is really wanting to feed herself (even though she still doesn't eat hardly ANYTHING), she kicks balls, and it getting pretty good at throwing them, she is also becoming OCD about things being exactly like she wants them. (if you fold a blanket around her baby and it isn't exactly the way she wants it, she will take it all out and get you to do it again.) I feel bad for her cause she is at the age where she wants you to know what she wants, but she doesn't quite know how to convey it, so we are all getting frustrated. We will get past this soon I hope.

But other than that things are good. I wish Adam could come visit one more time, but I will be home in a little over 2 weeks and we will get back to normal life.

Thanks honey for letting me be gone this long. You are a good sport!!!

We miss you! Good thing we have phones and webcams!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I know your mom is loving you being home!

Michelle said...

Ok, somehow I didn't see this update until now. I love that she says "stinky, stinky, stinky" when you change diapers! So cute. I wish I could see her in real life again. Jeff applied to a bunch of jobs in Denver, so who knows?! How exciting that you got Lasik! I'm sure you are loving it! Have a good trip. I am sure you are excited to see Adam again. I couldn't handle being away from Jeff for that long.