Friday, July 16, 2010

Broken Arm

Well, I did something VERY VERY stupid. On Sunday morning I hadjust put Mackenzie down for a nap and was walking to the kitchen. I stepped on a toy (and the only toy that was left out in the living room) and the toy went flying out from under my foot. I fell to the floor really hard...yeah I don't even remember how I landed cause it happened so fast. Well my arm was hurting really bad after the fall, but I was going to just tough it out cause I figured it was just bruised really badly. Well, I was finally convinced to go to the ER cause it was getting worse. Well, yeah, I fractured the radial head in my right arm. (That is the bone that is on your thumb side that connects your hand to your elbow...and the head is the part that joins with the elbow. So anyways this is what I looked like after I left the hospital...



Tell me how you take care of a 2 year old with your dominant hand looking like this....

Well, I went to the Orthopedic Surgeon yesterday and the splint is now gone. So now my arm can breathe and can moe a little. He didn't want to put a real cast on me. But now I have an ac wrap and a sling. The doc wants me to be very careful with my arm, but just try to get movement back in my arm. It is painful and I can't grasp anything or use my arm to push or pull anything, but I guess it will heal. So that is where I am now.

Yay for stupidity!

3 comments:

Christy said...

oh man, totally stinks meredith! good luck taking care of your little lady (who is darling, by the way) with a broken arm, that would be tough.

are you guys living in north carolina now?

Anonymous said...

Soooooo sorry. Mom wanted to fly out immediately, but I told her to wait and see what you needed (I was totally denounced by your sister -in-laws and Mom.) Be careful and watch those roller skates.
Dad

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you don't live closer so I can come to the rescue! You look so pitiful in this picture! Hang in there babe, and call me if you need me - I'll be there. So far though, you are doing great!