Wednesday, July 28, 2010

NC Mountains

For our Reese family I guess you could call it reunion...we went to the NC Mountains!

We had a great trip. Some of our activities were mining, river rafting, tubing, movies, lots of games and sitting around time just relaxing, and walking around West Jefferson looking at all the great stores and the Christmas in July festival!

Here are some pictures...and as soon as I can I will get more pics and videos up on the blog!


This is Mackenzie at the Christmas in July Festival...don't know what she is doing.


This was the only real "Christmas" thing at the Christmas in July Festival. I don't know how this man didn't pass out. It was soooo hot out there.


We were Mining....and Mackenzie loved the water!


We were all getting ready to go tubing down the river by our cabin. We all had a wonderful time! Mackenzie had fun splashing in the water.



We went to an old general store...sorry Dad, I don't remember the name... But it was fun to walk around this super old building and see all the fun stuff.


Here is Adam and Kenzie outside the general store.


Poppy and Kenzie outside Sallie Mae's.

We really had a great time just hanging out with the family and having a relaxing trip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was Mast General Store. I'm surprised that you couldn't remember since it is on the National Registry of Historical Places.
But then, it wasn't a lot to remember except for the barrels of candy next door, and the long drive!
Dad

Katie said...

How dare you forget the name?! I am shocked! I'm kind of disappointed. I thought I heard there were pictures of me smoking on here, lol.

Anonymous said...

What a fun week we had. Lots of food, games, laughter, and things to do. Glad we were all able to get together for a whole week.

Wish you all were here!!!

Love,
Mom