Monday, November 8, 2010

Another Form of Torture

Who really likes Day Light Savings Time...
Teenagers
People without kids

I guess that is about it. For those of us with toddlers, infants, other kids that don't understand that we get an extra hour of sleep...this night is just torture.

Mackenzie went to bed around 9 (which is later than normal). I went to bed soon after because I knew it might be a very very early morning.

Then around 5 AM I hear little pitter patter footsteps in her room, a door open, and then a little girl showed up in my room telling mommy HAPPY GIRL WAKE UP!

What is this? 5 AM? She usually wakes up around 630 or 7. 5?!?!? There is just something about change, even if she doesn't know there is a change. She just never does what she is supposed to do!

But I guess I can't complain because she was really tired yesterday because I was trying to get her to take her nap a little later. She went to bed at 730 and then slept in this morning until 730. But 5 AM....IT WAS A LONG LONG LONG LONG MORNING yesterday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! The life of a mother.....At least she slept well the next night. And you had the sense to go to bed, knowing what she would probably do...Moms know their kids!