Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mackenzie Updates

Things she says ALL THE TIME!!!!


I Sorry
Not et (not yet)
All done
So Full
Yummy to my Tummy
Fix it
I Miss Him (anyone who she isn't with at the moment)
Be Careful
Mommy doos that (not does but doos)
Don't get hurt
I Just Tending (I'm just pretending)
2 more minutes

She really is a talker...she doesn't just use 2 or 3 word phrases...these are just phrases that she uses ALL THE TIME in her sentences.

She loves to sing..

(She knows these without help)
Twinkle Twinkle Little star
I am a Child of God
ABCs (even during church and at Grandpa's funeral)
Sunbeam
Ring around the Rosie

One's she needs a little help on...
(A lot of church songs)
Popcorn Popping
I'm Trying to be like Jesus
A Child's Prayer
The Christmas Song (I sing it to her at night and she sings right along)
I'm So Glad when Daddy comes Home

She really likes sound books...her Grandma gave her a Clifford sound book and also a Christmas Songs book for Christmas this year.  She loves to sing along to all the Christmas songs that are played especially Jingle Bells.

She likes to talk on the phone, but really has to be in the mood to really talk to someone on the other side of the phone.  She normally just walks around talking to her imaginary person on the phone.

She always wants to hide when Adam gets home from work.  When he opens the garage door she runs for her closest blanket and throws it over her head.  When he comes in the door she yells "FIND YOU!"

She is actually really good at hiding sometimes.  It kinda scares me a little.  If she is in the mood to really hide and you don't know where she went, she will sit there silently until you find her.  It has taken me up to like 5 mintues to find her before.  She does NOT move or make a peep.  We are trying to teach her that if we say "come out come out wherever you are" she has to make a silly noise so we can have a clue.  She only does that about half the time.

She has been calling her fruit snacks names.  She will pick up 2 and say "This one mommy, This one daddy" and then eats them and tells us they are yummy.  Don't ask me where she got this from?  I have NO IDEA!

She can mostly count to 20...she gets a little confused between 15 and 18.

She got a computer from Nana for Christmas that does animal sounds for all the alphabet.  Well the L is for Lion and for some reason they don't know what a lion says.  It makes some noise that the lion is shaking...so now my brilliant child thinks a lion says this tisk tisk kinda noise.  So next time you see her ask her what a lion says.  It will give you a little laugh.

She loves to clean.  IF her room is dirty at night she wonlt go to bed until we clean it up.  She is scared that she might fall on something if she gets up in the middle of the night.

She is doing so much better with sleeping.  I don't know if I wrote this earlier, but we were spending like 2 hours at night with her in her room to get her to bed.  It was really rediculous but NOTHING we were doing worked.  Then one day I was so fed up, Adam and I talked to her all day about our bedtime rountine and that we weren't going to stay in there very long...and it worked!  Since that day she has been so good about going to bed.  And she is also sleeping through the night.  It is so nice to finally after 2 1/2 years to get some decent sleep.  Except now I wake up because I am uncomfortable or have to pee.  Something is not right about all this!  Maybe with our little boy I will teach him much earlier!

But this is about all for now.  Maybe if I think of more I will do a shorter blog later.  But just a few cute things about Mackenzie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's too precious. Can't wait to get my hands on her in a few weeks. Love and Kisses to all.

Katie said...

So stinking cute! Can't wait to see her in April =-)

Katie said...

Oh, and you, OF COURSE!