Monday, October 10, 2011

Binkie Fairy

We have been preparing Mackenzie to get rid of her binkie for weeks.  I asked her a few months ago if she wanted to send her binkies to the binkie fairy on her birthday or if she wanted to send them to Santa at Christmas to give to all the little babies who don't have binkies.  The Santa thing is what my mom did for me when I was about Mackenzie's age because I LOVED my binkie. 

Well, Mackenzie chose the Binkie Fairy because if she sent them, she would get something in return from the Fairy.  I was nervous because Mackenzie really really loved her binkies.  So like 2 days after her birthday party I told her it was time to find all of her binkies and put them in a box to send to the Binkie Fairy.  This is the box we found...and it was addressed to the Binkie Fairy in Binkie Land...




We put it in the mail box and it was taken away.  The next morning we found something else in our mail box...


Mackenzie was so excited to get a present in the mail.  It was addressed to Mackenzie and was sent from Binkie Land. 

She got a Dora necklace, bracelet, and 2 rings.  She was so happy.  She actually did really well.  When we  went to bed the night she sent her binkies she cried for just a minute and needed me to lay with her until she went to sleep.  After that night she did really well.  I was very proud of her!

No comments: