Thursday, April 3, 2008

15 weeks and DYING TO KNOW!

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. I just can't wait to know what this little child is! Boy or Girl? I wish they could tell you earlier than around 20 weeks. I am just really impatient, but I finally have an appointment for my ultrasound. We will be finding out on May 1! Is anyone else excited? I am putting up a poll to see what you all think the little one is. So it will be open until May 1st!

I just want to start buying fun baby things, but I don't want to until I know what I am having...Their are just too many cute things to choose from! And yellow and green just get boring when there is sooooo much more blue and pink!

Just to give you a little basis on which to guess...

My family...

-I am the only girl of 4 kids.

- On my mom's side their is about half and half boys and girls with the cousins.

- On my dad's side there are TONS of boy cousins and then only 3 girls.

Adam's family...

- He has 2 brothers and 3 sisters, so it is half and half.

- On his dad's side there are basically only boys (except Adam's sisters).

- On his mom's side it is pretty even I think.

So take your guess on what you think our little one is!

If my lil bro Cameron answers...he is probably right because for some reason when he has dreams about ANYTHING with people he knows...such as what our baby will be...he will be right. It is kinda freaky...just ask him about his visionary dreams!

PS... I am going to take a picture of me soon to put up here so you can see my little growing tummy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

your voting thing is a little messed up, i voted for all three.... with one try. it will be interesting to see.. especially since you have a name for a girl and no idea on a boys name.

Merde said...

I changed the poll so you can only vote for one answer....so you need to try again.

And with the names...we don't actually have any picked out cause your brother and I can't AGREE!!!!

Wendi said...

Slow. Down.
You have plenty of time.
Like 25 weeks worth of time.
I am telling you Meredith...there is no going back.
Read. Sleep. Go to a movie. Sleep.
Enjoy the grocery store by yourself. Read. Sleep. Enjoy going to the bathroom by yourself. Oh, and read everything and get some sleep. You are going to need it! Just enjoy the moment!!!

Michelle said...

Yay for May day! So exciting! I feel like it took FOREVER to get to the ultrasound and find out if it was a boy or girl, but it's so fun to see and find out! :) I can't wait to hear!

Hailey said...

Ok so this is crazy but it has worked for everyone we've tried it on. Go to http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/cal.html This is the Chinese Lunar Calendar also known as the Chinese Gender Chart. All you need to know is the month of conception and your age at the date of conception. If your block is pink it is a girl. If your block is blue it is a boy. :-) From my calculations you are going to have a girl. :-) PS- Ryan found some formula online and guessed the exact day I had Caroline. I will get him to find it for you. It is also fun to check into all those old wives tales. Do the needle and the string trick.
However, like Wendi said slow down! You will miss this time that you have to do things like SLEEP, shop, etc. :-)

Laura said...

I found out we are having a girl exactly a month before you will find out! The more I read your blog, the more things I find we have in common. I am the only girl too, except I have four brothers. Also, Adam's family is half and half. I will vote, but I'm going to tell you that I think you will have a girl because you deserve a girl after putting up with so many brothers! :) It is exciting to finally find out what you're having!

Merde said...

Wendi and Hailey,

I really am not in a HURRY. I am just excited to know what I have. But I do want you to understand that with two jobs, I really don't have time to enjoy myself, read, etc. I am always in a hurry. I haven't read a book in years (I have had jobs and school and now 2 jobs...yeah there isn't time.)

I do understand it will change, but that whole (relax before you have a baby) yeah I haven't relaxed in YEARS!

Katie said...

It's true, Cameron is a visionary. He did envision Chad and my wedding exactly how it happened! I was just talking about your little baby today (while surveying the upstairs STORE full of posh baby items you have awaiting you, my dear) and saying how much I CAN NOT WAIT to find out if it's a boy or a girl! The anticipation is killing me, and I'm not even the one pregnant!

Amy said...

OK, I tried to vote, but I'm not sure if it worked or not. So I'll just tell you, I voted for boy. There are at least a dozen pregnant women in my ward right now, and only 2 are going to be boys--mine and a good friend of mine who actually just moved. So my poor little boy will be all alone, except he will have a good choice of dating companions....so anyway, I think we need more boys in the world.