Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wendi's Assignment

So I was given an assignment, and have put it off until today. I have been meaning to take pictures so I could post, but it just hasn't happened.

The assignment is for me to reveal to contents of my purse. I am in the category of "the expectant new mom". Yes, she gave assignments to those with kids, those expecting, and those "hip" people without kids.

You are actually all going to laugh when I inform you that I do not use a purse. Never do I carry one, unless I am feeling overly ambitious. I do however keep a few things on my person at ALL TIMES!

I ALWAYS carry numerous cards in my back pocket... (yeah it kinda sounds like a guy huh)

The cards are as follows:
-License
-Debit Card
-Personal Credit Card
-Work Credit Card (for the apartments)

Then in my coat pocket (since it is STILL SO COLD OUT HERE) or in my front pocket of my pants I have...
-Chap Stick (Burt's Bees of course)
-Change (Adam hates carrying change so I always get it) Today, I have exactly $.27.
-Keys
-Cell Phone

Yes, I know I will get grief about not carrying a purse, but I just don't like carrying extra things. I like to have my hands/arms free.

I do, however, carry a GIGANTIC bag to Church full of lesson things for our Primary kids, a coloring book and crayons incase any of them come and sit with Adam and me during sacrament meeting (which happens every so often), snacks for this pregnant woman, a bottle of water, and pens, etc.

I also have a big bag that I carry to work. This has all the papers I need to carry back and forth, keys to my classroom, books to read in case I get bored, and my journal that I try to write in. Adam wanted me to let you all know that the work bag isn't one I purchased though...it was a free bag from a conference that he went to in October (you can go back and look at his New Orleans trip). Yeah I am pitiful like that.

Now don't get me wrong...I love a cute bag!!! I have a million, I just don't really use them. I use them more in the summer, but I guess I always felt that I would use them when I had kids, to keep all their "stuff" in. Until then, sorry I don't have a purse to take cute pictures of. But at some point I will unload the boxes of cute purses that I do have and use them every day. It just takes too much effort right now to change all the stuff out of one and put it in another that matches your outfit.

So there you have it...another thing you may not have known about me!

5 comments:

Mother Goose said...

Pre-baby, I didn't carry purses either. The few times that I did, I would always loose them. Poor Mike had to carry my girly products in his pockets! I'm glad I found a kindred spirit!

Wendi said...

I had no idea! You have much to learn. You will go from no bag to the "bag lady" almost overnight. With your first little one, you will get a BIG bag. That is so over rated. Don't. Do. It. You will need a cute bag for a change of clothes, diapers, bottles, paci's, toys, snacks, etc. It just isn't necessary to have a ginormous one. Trust me.
Start looking for something you like. And you may want to start praticing now by toting a cute purse. Oh, and try not to lose it!

Wendi said...

I forgot to say "Thanks" for completing your assignment. Job well done!

Michelle said...

By the way, this is hilarious. I can't believe you don't use a purse! Although, one of my favorite things about being married is NOT having to take my purse everywhere b/c Jeff has keys and credit cards. :)

Charlissa said...

Merde I completely understand. I really hate carrying a purse too. I have some way cute purses, byut IO never use them. I only need my liscense and my debit card. Why carry a big old purse when that is all you need?