Saturday, April 26, 2008

Drum Roll Please

So, I know everyone was waiting until next Thursday to hear what I was having, but I have an announcement! I ALREADY KNOW!

Since my parents were in town and I had a normal appointment, I asked my doctor if there is anyway we can find out the sex of the baby while they are here. GOOD NEWS!!!

She told me that we can do a gender check! So with Mom, Dad, Adam, Katie, and me in this little room we searched my little uterus to find the baby! And GUESS WHAT!!!!!!

We have a baby.....





what do you think it is?






Do you have a clue yet?






It is a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

Who would have thought that a Reese-Rankin combination would come out as a little girl. The Technician told us she was 95% sure it was a girl, so I trust her!

I am SOOOO EXCITED!!!!! I didn't care if it was a boy or girl, but I am sooo happy to know!

My mom and Katie and Katie's mom all went shopping for little pink clothes the next day! YAY FOR LITTLE BABIES!!!!

Just thought I would share this great news!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.. that explains why tina was so strange the other day when she asked me if i'd talked to you recently.. yay for girls! we rock! :D

Michelle said...

Yay! So fun to find out! And amazing to have a girl!!! It's a miracle!!! haha It's funny because Ali was SURE Jeff & I were having a girl and you & Adam were having a boy! Oops! :) So if you just did a "gender check," does that mean you will get another ultrasound to do all the measurements and stuff? It's SO fun to see the baby!!!

Hailey said...

Congrats! Girls are so fun! It was time for the Reese's to have another girl. It has been what? 23 years? :-) Anyway, so i guess your chinese gender chart was right too! Neat huh? Tell everyone we said hi!
Hailey

Susan Hancock said...

Meredith, we are so excited for you! A little girl- now may I interest you in my soon to be 10 grandsons???? Take your pick!! Aly found out that she is expecting her third son last week. Life is so good.

I'm glad your mama was there to share in the excitement. Too special for words.

Love to you all.

Cassie said...

Congratulations! I guess your dream was right. I thought you were gonna have a boy for sure. Have fun with all the pink!

Ashley said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so exciting!!!!~

Ashley said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so exciting!!!!~

Laura said...

Congrats! I was right! I thought you'd have a girl since you're the only girl in your family and Adam's family is half and half. That's exactly how my Adam and I are and we're having a girl too.

Mother Goose said...

Yeah! Little girls are so much fun! Congrats!

Wendi said...

Congratulations!
I guessed wrong.
Here is to all things "Pink"!

Anonymous said...

I am SO happy for you. CONGRATS! and YAY for her being a girl. girls are so much fun. I can't wait to see you.

Katie Clement said...

Congrats!!!!! I'm very excited for you!!!!

Cassie said...

No pictures?

Merde said...

I really didn't get great pictures...I am getting another ultrasound this Thursday to check everything, and will get better pictures then. So you will just have to wait!

Charlissa said...

Congrats y'all!! I am so happy for ya! Girls are so much more fun than boys just because there are so many cute clothes to choose from!!

Lyla And Company! said...

yeah!!! love it and love you!! congrats to both of you!!

Anonymous said...

Meredith!!!!!! That is so exciting. I hope to someday babysit your daughter if I ever live in NC. Congratulations, and I wish you and Adam the best of luck in picking out a name.