Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Hikers Paradise

Well, I was able to go to Glacier National Park last week. Yes, it was a spur of the moment trip, and I was surprised that my wonderful wife let me go. Well for only being in the park for a day and a half I found that the park is a hikers paradise. For those of you who are wondering, Meredith made me promise to not hike far alone and to not do anything dangerous. Did I follow her directions? Kind of. I took a hike up to the top of a mountain. Granted the hike was not dangerous until it started raining. Everything became slick and the wind was clocked at 58 mph. Yes it became quite dangerous, for people who did not go prepared. Granted I was prepared and perfectly fine. It was fun and ended up giving me a lot of really cool pictures. Here are a few.




PS If you like to hike, I highly recommend this national park, because I went on a hike for only 3 miles and it was the most amazing hike I had ever been on. I just want to know what the hikes are like in the back country.















4 comments:

Katie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love your shots. I went to Glacier when I was a kid, but I don't remember a ton about it. I definitely want to go back again some day.

Michelle said...

Wow! Beautiful! I have a new place I want to visit now! And I love that Merde told you not to go on long hikes alone and not to do anything dangerous! I totally would have said the same thing to Jeff! :)

The Reeds said...

I love these pictures.

What kind of camera & lens do you have?

Anonymous said...

Canon Rebel XTI I switch between two main lens. One is the 18-70 mm canon (this is the lens that I bought with the camera), the other is a 70-300mm which I use mainly for shooting wildlife and other things. Thanks for the compliment, I have more on my flickr website at http://flickr.com/photos/21372063@N07/