Sunday, March 22, 2009

Catch up

So I haven't been around the blogging world much lately. I haven't even been able to keep up with most of you. I will have to work on that a little more I guess.

It is just that I have been working a lot and haven't felt well. I was sick for a week or so, then little Mackenzie got sick. Last week she had a really bad cold and it went to her chest after a few days.



Two Sundays ago she started getting sick. On Thursday it really moved to her chest, so I called the doctor to see if we need to bring her in. They told me it sounded just like a cold and don't worry unless she has trouble breathing. On Saturday morning she woke up and her chest was REALLY congested. So we called the on call doctor and he told us to go to the emergency room. So this was our first trip to the hospital and I hope it is our last, at least for a long time.



Well, the doctors there checked all her vitals and listened to her chest. The good news is that she didn't have RSV, which is what I was really worried about, but she did have acute bronchitis. They gave her a breathing treatment at the hospital and gave us a round of antibiotics, an inhaler, and told us to give her benadryl also. Poor little girl had so much medication going into her body. She still isn't 100% and she still has congestion in her chest, but she is so much better than she was.

This past week has been really busy for me also. I usually get off work at around 2:40 and race home to be with Mackenzie so Adam can run to school and work for the rest of the night. We had parent-teacher conferences at school, so on Wednesday I had to stay until around 3:30. Thursday was a REALLY long day. I was at the elementary school until 8:00 PM. It was so hard to be away from my family that long. Adam took Mackenzie with him to school and to a study group. Luckily I got home right before Adam had to go to work. I am so glad I have a husband who is willing to do stuff like deal with my work when it keeps me late.

The last thing I want to blog about now is how awesome the weather was for a couple of days. It might not sound REALLY warm, but for here it is. It was high 60s all the way to 70 or so the end of the week and into this weekend. Mackenzie and I had a great time spending a little of time outside.

4 comments:

Katie said...

She is SO CUTE! I'm glad she's doing better. I'm sorry life at work isn't too thrilling right now. I've been thinking about you. Hang in there! It's almost spring break and then you get to come see us!

Michelle said...

Yikes about having to take Mackenzie to the ER! I'm glad she is starting to feel better! And I'm sorry things are so busy at work. Even though I only work part time, the weeks when I am super busy (and I end up working overtime) are exceptionally rough to get through! Only a few weeks/months left now!!

Oh, and I can't believe how big and grown up Mackenzie is looking these days!

Anonymous said...

Boy, do I want to get my hands on that sweet baby. She is so adorable and she has what we call such "kissable cheeks". Can't wait to see her in a few weeks. Keep the pics coming!

Love to all,
MOM

Lyla And Company! said...

Oh Meredith I am so glad it wasn't anymore serious then bronchitis! She is just growing so fast and is so beautiful!!! I can't wait to see you guys! Love you all!