Monday, May 5, 2008

A lot of Catching up!

So 2 weekends ago...the 22-25 of April, my family was in town. My brother FINALLY graduated from college and is now looking for a job. We are so proud that he finally got through. But on Tuesday night, my mom and Tyler flew in and then on Thursday morning Dad and Cameron flew in. We had so much fun, so here is just a little recap of everything that happened. (You may notice we went out to eat a LOT!

SORRY THIS IS GOING TO BE A LONG ONE!

On Tuesday when my mom got in, we were all starving...by all, I mean the 4 kids (Chad, Katie, Adam and me) who were waiting for their arrival, so we went straight to dinner. We went to a little mexican restaurant and all kinda shared meals. We went home and talked for a little while, but all of us were tired so we went to bed.

On Wednesday (yes I took off of work the rest of the week), my mom and I went to mine and Adam's old apartment and spent the morning making sure everything was clean and cleaned out. Adam had basically moved everything out and cleaned a ton, my mom and I just did the finishing touches to make sure the place looked nice and we didn't leave anything! So we finished this and went back to Chad and Katie's place...where by the way all 8 of us stayed while the family was there. Yes, it is a 2 bedroom apartment. WE HAD FUN!
Well, that night, my uncle came into town to pick up his son who was leaving BYU, so he called to take us out to dinner. Chad, Katie, and his son (Trey) were all at a Ben Folds concert, so they didn't get to enjoy dinner. The rest of us went to PF Changs! SO GOOD! The only bad thing is that Adam had a final at 8 PM so once the entrees actually got there he filled up his plate and had to leave. He didn't really get to eat anything, so we brought it all home for him! The rest of the night we kinda just hung out and had fun.

On Thursday, my dad and Cameron flew in and my mom and I went to get them. We both went because my mom really wanted to go to this discount Deseret Book store in Salt Lake. IT WAS SO COOL! Everything in there was so cheap and we spent way too much time/money in there. Cameron and I even had fun just walking through the store looking at baby books and just seeing what was in this 20x20 ft store. IT WAS TINY! There was just so much there! Finally after NUMEROUS hours and even ringing up our stuff twice, because their computer stopped working, we finally got home. The rest of the day was just fun and talking, then that night we went to Sonic to eat and then went bowling as a family. About the bowling...I would just like to say that Katie is the luckiest person on the planet. She would bowl and knock down like 2 pins and begin heading back to all of us...then 5 seconds later like 4 other pins would fall down! NO, the ball didn't hit anymore. NO, the pins weren't spinning and happen to knock other pins down. NO, the little pin picker upper thing didn't accidentally knock them over. THEY WOULD JUST FALL! I will never understand her magic!

PS. This day we also went to the doctor for me and in this baby room we had my mom, dad, and Adam. Then we got to go back for the gender check and brought Katie as well! That was a lot of fun to find out I was having a little GIRL!

On Friday, we had Chad's graduation. It was early, so all of us were up and out the door by 7:30 AM! We spent the day with Katie's family as well, because they came down for the graduation. They also brought down Rock Band, and I bet you will never guess what they spent the day doing...
Since they were playing rock band, Katie, her mom, me and my mom all went shopping for PED EGGS!!! My mom wanted to get Katie, me, and her one since Wendi's Ped EGGCELLENT blog! So we went there first and decided it would be fun to go shopping for little girl clothes...So that is what we spent hours doing! It was so much FUN! That afternoon, I also forgot...we went to Tucannos Brazilian Grill for lunch! OH MAN was that good! We were all so full when we left, but it was worth it!

On Saturday, we began our day with Adam, me, Mom, and Dad trying to do something productive like go to BYU campus and see the new Gordon B. Hinckley building since none of us had been inside. Little did we know that on graduation weekend, they would not have the alumni building open. Who would have imagined? So we ended up in the bookstore until we went to Happy Sumo...a sushi restaurant for lunch, and then the boys went golfing and the girls went to my cousins bridal shower. We all had fun during the day. That evening, Katie and I really wanted to go to Outback for dinner. So I called to put our name on the call ahead seating list. We figured it would be about an hour or so before they could get us in, but were we wrong! I called at like 5 and they told me there was no way we could be seated until at least 9. I understand there are a lot of people here for graduation but you have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! I ended up calling Outback in Sandy (40 mins away). Yes, we REALLY wanted Outback. They could get us in no problem so when the boys got home from golfing, we headed up to Sandy for a great Outback dinner.

Sunday, we went to Church, ate our leftover Outback and then my family took off for NC that afternoon.

It was a really long and busy weekend, but it was fun to have everyone here! Sorry, I don't have any fun pictures, I kept forgetting my camera! But there you have it...that is where I have been lately.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

But wasn't it sooooo much fun, excitement, food, no sleep, more fun!
Dad
p.s. no one thanked me for the early morning Dunkin' Donuts.

Merde said...

Dad,

Thank you so much for the early morning Krispie Creme donuts!!! But you still didn't use the coupon mom had! hehe

Michelle said...

I've been dying to see your ultrasound pictures...surely you have some of THOSE?!!?!? Sounds like a fun time with your family in town! :) And isn't it SO fun to look at baby clothes?!!? Yay!!!

Katie said...

I'd like to point out that it WOULD be lucky about the bowling pins, except I STILL NEVER BROKE 100!!! Ha ha! Oh well =-)

Wendi said...

OMGoodnes...how many posts did I miss? I just checked like two days ago! whew!
Sounds like a fun week!

Wendi said...

goodness