Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Catching Up

I started this blog once and something happened and it disappeared, so lets try again.

Sorry I have not been blogging as much now that I am in NC. I just feel like I don't have a lot of time to just sit and blog. So let me catch you up on what has been going on here.

I am now working at Dad's office part time just to make a little extra money.

Adam is still working and enjoying his internship with LCC!

We just went on a great trip to NJ to see Adam's family for the weekend. It was great to spend time with them. It is just weird to go up there without tons of people being there. Their home is getting empty. There are only 2 girls left at home (instead of all 6 kids).

On Friday we went to NYC while the girls were in school. We had a great time just walking the streets. The only sad thing is Adam wouldn't let me take pictures. I tried to take one on the train in and he got embarrassed. He laughed and said "You look like a tourist, please don't take pictures." He is from the area, so he didn't want to look like an outsider. I just wanted a couple pictures for my blog, but the ones I took didn't turn out. SAD!

We just spent the rest of the weekend playing games and hanging out with the family.

It is so much nicer to be able to just drive up there without making plans months in advance and finding plane tickets etc.

This week Katie and Chad are getting here (they are driving right now somewhere in the midwest). It will be a full house here, but will be fun!

That is about all that is going on right now.

I think we are driving to the western part of the state this weekend to go emerald mining. I will have to write about that later.

I am also way behind on my weekly picture...I promise it is coming soon.

So there is your catch on my life!

4 comments:

stephanie howard said...

Oh goody, your back! I am glad you had a great time in NJ. We missed you this past weekend with all the stuff at church:-)

Anonymous said...

make sure yall go far enough out WEST in the state to get into those REAL gem mines. there are lots and lots of them that have the dirt brought in with the gems already in it....so be sure to find a good one :) miss ya and hope to see you again sometime this summer!

Lyla And Company! said...

but you were a tourist!!! gosh Adam!!! hhahahaha...he is too funny!!! glad you got to visit the family and can't wait to see Katie and Chad!! I know your mom is in hog heaven!!!

Lyla And Company! said...

oh yeah Meredith!! can you blog more please!!!! hahaha...no seriously!!love ya and thanks for coming out last night to support Mykel!