Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Talk about a GREAT DEAL!

So it is wonderful to come home and know basically everyone around! I absolutely love how wonderful people are here.



I know people in the South have the reputation of being nice, but I am just amazed at how generous people are. A lady in my ward who I have known forever found out I was pregnant a while ago and called my mom to ask if I needed/wanted anything for the baby. She told her that she has so much stuff and wanted me to get what I needed. So last night I went to her house to look at what she was wanting to, as she put it, "get out of her house". There was SOOO much. Her sister who is also through with kids brought over a swing and car seat for me to look at.



I was amazed at what they had to offer. Then the best/ most amazing news...she said if you want it, just take it all for one price. And by one price...it was only $80!!!!! You can't get anything for $80!!!!!! The swing that her sister brought over was given to me for free!



So here is a look at all the fun goodies I got.





Here is a closer look at that bassinet. It has only been used a VERY FEW times and looks BRAND NEW!



I am just so excited. Then today I got a call from her sister to go to her house tomorrow evening to look at everything that she has. This includes her baby clothes. She has a little girl and has all of her clothes from 0-18 months. Plus a pack-n-play and other things to look at.

WHAT A BLESSING!!!

Now we just have to figure out how to get this all back out to Utah. Adam has a lot of taking apart and putting back together he is going to have to do.

We are also taking back my mom's crib, changing table, and dresser that we used when we were little. I am so excited for all the generosity I am receiving!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

That's great! It's amazing how generous people can be! Jeff's professor gave us a bunch of free stuff as well. It saves SO much money in the long run! And isn't it fun to have so many baby things now! Congrats! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun it was!! I'm glad I was able to be there to help you out! We girls always love a good deal,right? I'm so glad that you are home!! It's going to be a fabulous summer! Anyone else want to come to the Reese Bed and Breakfast? Too bad, we're full right now....LOL

Lyla And Company! said...

OH JOY!!!!!! LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!! THERE IS NOTHING AND I REPEAT NOTHING LIKE HAVING A GRANDCHILD!!! I PROMISE YOU!!!!!!! I LOVE ALL THE STUFF AND THE GREAT DEAL!! HUG AND KISS THAT SWEET SISTER FOR ME!!!

Ashley said...

This is so exciting!!!! ~

stephanie howard said...

How nice! I wish I had stuff to share, but mine is long gone. As soon as Allison is finished with it we give it away. I am not sure who had all this stuff, but it looks really nice! The bassinet is so beautiful! Lucky you:-)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! All of that stuff looks amazing!!!
Its good to be back home isn't it :P