Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mackenzie

This is just some pics and an update on Mackenzie!

First of all, Mackenzie hates to have her hair done, so the other day she was sitting in my lap while I was doing her hair and she decided to take her anger out on my glasses. Good thing I am getting Lasik so soon. I am now wearing my old glasses (the perscription isn't perfect) but it does enough to help me not have a constant headache.


Mackenzie in her 2T dress and her 12 month sweater. Tell me how those sizes work? I am so confused!


Nana, this picture is for you. I AM IN MY CHRISTMAS DRESS!!!


Mom took my hair down, but because my hair is so thin and straight it stays basically the same, just like I still have rubberbands in it!

I decided it was time to go outside so I put on my hat and brought Mom my shoes!

I am just growing up so fast!


When Mom didn't come get me as soon as I woke up, I decided to look outside and see what was going on. But she caught me!


I love to DANCE!

Mackenzie is getting so big! We just had her 15 month check up and everything is great. She weighs 19 pounds 4 ounces, and it 31 1/4 inches tall.

She is learning how to really eat with a fork and getting pretty good at it.

She is running all over the place and just loves to be on the move constantly

She is just sooooo busy and wants to learn about everything we are doing.

The other day she was being too quiet so I went into her room to see what she was doing. She had a diaper laid out on the ground and was putting her baby doll in it and wrapping her up. She now knows how a diaper goes on.

She loves bathtime and would stay in her bath all day long if we let her.

She now has 4 teeth (she finally got her top 2 in a few weeks ago).

She is a very picky eater and won't eat a lot. I guess she eats just enough to live on. And that is why she is so skinny (The doc says she is healthy and she is eating enough for her little body).

She isn't talking a ton, but I think it is because she loves her binky. We have been working on not having it during the day and it seems to be working.

She now says mama, dah (dad), bah (ball), baba (bottle), hi, bye, and I can't remember if she is saying any more.

She does sign

-please whenever she wants something (and if we won't give it to her she does the sign harder and harder as she gets more upset that e won't give her something she wants).

-food (points to her mouth)

-more

She loves to dance. Those of you who watch playhouse disney she loves the ooo and ah song (the song the monkeys) she gets up and tries to sing along. She also loves the little einsteins song and pats her lap the whole time they sing it.

She is really good at the stairs, she is just unsure about how to start goingn down. She will stand at the top of the stairs until we turn her around and put her on the stair and then she is good to go either up or down.

She loves to give hugs and kisses. The other day I was putting her down for a nap and I gave her a kiss on the cheek so she grabbed me around the neck and hugged me tight while saying uh uh (something my mom taught her).

She is also very good at helping around the house. If I tell her to go get something or to put something somewhere she runs to do what I have asked. She is getting pretty good at putting her toys away also if I do it with her and show her how.

She still isn't sleeping very well. She will sleep through the night maybe once or twice a week. She also only takes 1 nap a day and sometimes that only lasts 45 min-1 hr, so you can imagine those are fun days.

But that is about it for now. I can't believe she is so big! She really isn't my little baby anymore! SAD!

3 comments:

Tina and Joe Rankin said...

Thanks for finally posting pics and updates. I was wondering what was happening on your end. House stuff will always keep you busy...we understand. :)

Michelle said...

Thanks for the update! I love hearing about little Mackenzie. I really wish that we lived closer because I think she and Nathan would have so much fun playing together at this age. She is so cute. I love the video of her dancing and I can't believe how old she is looking. Her hair is also getting so long! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is my favorite post for sure! Love all the pics, especially of her Christmas dress. The video of her dancing and "singing" is priceless. I have played it SEVERAL times. Thanks for all the updates.

MOM