Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our past week or 2

Mackenzie and I went for a walk a few days ago, and it was a really, really long walk. We went to see how long the walk would take to get to a park. The walk was straight up hill and I was exhausted by the end. We sat at the park and played in the grass for a while, while I caught my breathe for the walk home. Mackenzie loves being outside so this was a great trip for her.





Adam, Mackenzie, and I also went to a church activity up in the mountains. It was only an hour away. Anyone who wanted to go...there was a camping trip in a state park. We just went up for breakfast because they were cooking lots of fun stuff. Also, since we are new in the area we are really trying to meet and make new friends. We had a lot of fun and Mackenzie did also. I really wish I would have gotten pictures, but there were all these little toddlers who thought she was so cute. They were patting her head and all fighting for her attention. Mackenzie loved it.




We also finally got Mackenzie a new carseat so she can sit up. She likes it so much more than her infant seat.



Lastly, we went to the doctor yesterday for Mackenzie's 9 month appointment. We are leaving to go to North Carolina on June 30, so we needed her appointment to be a little early.
Her 9 month stats are:
Height- 28 1/4 inches (70%)
Weight- 15 lbs 15 oz. (5%)
We really like her new doctor. He seems really nice and knowledgeable. I told him that I was concerned about her weight, considering she isn't gaining any. She has weighed the same for basically 2 months.
So I felt like a horrible mother, but we did some blood work to see if anything weird is going on in her little body. They poked both her arms to try to get enough blood to test. I cried when I left because I felt so bad. She screamed and cried and kicked the whole time. We should find out if there is anything going on by Monday.


That is really all that is going on with us right now. Adam is loving his job and I love being able to stay at home with Mackenzie.

2 comments:

Hailey said...

Mackenzie is beautiful!
You are coming home!! Please e-mail me and we can get together! I would LOVE to see you and meet Mackenzie!

Meredith said...

i don't know your email address Hailey, please leave it in a comment and I will delete it as soon as i get it. I would love to see you and meet your little ones too.