Tuesday, July 7, 2009

9 months

This is a little late, but last Tuesday Mackenzie turned 9 months. I can't believe how fast time is flying!

She is now officially (as of yesterday)
16 lbs 12 oz
and around 28 inches tall.

She is growing little by little.

Her neutrophil numbers are still very low. We went yesterday to a pediatrician here in NC (a friend of the family) to get her blood drawn and they were around 300 something. So they have fallen a little since her last CBC.

But other than that, she is really healthy and developing and growing so fast! I can't believe all the things she can do.



She is crusing around furniture just as fast as she can get those little feet to run. When she gets excited she runs back and forth down the couch. It is so funny to watch. She also does this when she is trying to figure out how to climb on the couch (especially when Daddy has something, like the laptop, that she wants to play with.


She isn't really a good eater, but we have found that she likes spaghetti. We are really worried about how little she eats (especially being here in NC she is down to hardly anything!)
The pediatrician here in NC thinks that her low weight gain is probably just a matter of not enough calories, but if she won't eat, she won't eat.



Here is a precious 9 month picture. She is laying on her little twin bed that is in her room for when Nana Joy comes to visit.

Here she is with her diaper rash cream and her bunny rabbit. I would say she has grown just a little. The only way we could keep her from grabbing and throwing or chewing on the bunny was to give her something else to distract her. Yes, she loves to chew on this tube for some reason.
She also is saying HI! She hasn't gotten the wave down yet, but when you wave at her and say hi, she stretches out her hand and say hi back. It is precious. (I will have to get a video!)
She also, as you can tell from the close-up picture above, that she doesn't have any visible teeth. She does have one that is very sharp and you can feel it, you just can't see it yet. Maybe someday my baby won't be toothless. haha
I have basically kept up on the things that Mackenzie can do, and I can't think of any more at this moment, so I guess if I remember some other things that I haven't blogged about I can do that later!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

She is getting so long and so so cute! I havent had Hailey measured since she was 6 months. Mackenzie's gums totally look swollen in that close up shot. I bet her teeth are going to come in so soon. Tell Mama Joy I said hi.