Thursday, July 23, 2009

Well, Mackenzie went to the doctor yesterday. This was a big one because either her numbers would go up and we wouldn't have to go to the doctor every week, or her numbers would go down and we would be off the the pediatric hematologist to figure out what is going on in her little body.



Well we got a call from the doctor last night and well the results are.....



They went DOWN. Her neutrophil number is at 490.



So I called the hematologist today and well their soonest appointment is September. UMMMMM That isn't going to work. They said they will call me back later today

Well, today is Friday now (I started this post on Thursday) and I finally called the Hematologist. They still don't know anything so I am waiting to hear back from my pediatrician.

We will figure things out at some point.

5 comments:

Susan Hancock said...

Hey Meredith,
I was hoping you had updated your blog to find out about Mackenzie's numbers. It seems way too long to me for you to wait until September this these low numbers. The problem could get serious fast if she gets an infection or bad cold, and she has no way to fight the infection. I just know that with Grant, when his numbers get this low, he has to wear a mask, and a fever of any kind puts him in the hospital until his neutrophil number is at least 1000.

It's probably nothing, but I sure would feel better for you all if the doctors can pinpoint the cause of her low neutrophil number- you just be aggressive with the hematologists' office... tell them you will take the first cancelled appointment or you will wait in the office to be worked in... jeepers. This is 2009!!

We are praying for a speedy resolution for your sweet baby girl- and higher numbers!!

Michelle said...

Surely they could get you in earlier or there is another you can go to! I hope everything goes well. Keep us posted!

J'Nette said...

i'm so sorry, surely they can get you in earlier. It really gets me when doctors do this. I've had a few similar expierences. I've had my pediatrician call those doctors and usually i can get in on a lunch break! goodluck!

Cassie said...

I'm so sorry Merde. We will continue to keep her in our prayers.

Lyla And Company! said...

Meredith, we are keeping our sweet Mackenzie in our prayers! I agree w/ Susan be aggressive and stay on them every week or day! Love you and Adam to and Happy birthday dear! Love you lots Lyla