Thursday, July 2, 2009

Another Update

For all those who have been checking my blog everyday to see how Mackenzie is, here is your newest update.

The wonderful thing is that it is not the worst we thought. She does not have leukemia or lupus.

The doctor said more would be weird on her blood test if that were the case.

The doctor also doesn't think she has any vitamin deficiency, so he says that isn't it (which I have my doubts about, but whatever).

The doctor said from the information he has right now, she has neutropenia, which basically means she has a low neutrophil count.

He wants to do blood work one more time and then we will have a good pattern to see what her body is doing.

Once we get that, if the numbers stay low, we will be going to a pediatric hematologist to see why they are low and to see if there is anything we can do to fix it.

There are 3 types of neutropenia...

1. It just stays low all the time and if Mackenzie catches something she will have to go to the hospital and/or be put on antibiotics even if it is just a cold.

2. It stays low until she gets sick and then her neutrophil levels just up to protect her until whatever sickness she has is gone and then they drop back down (which if she has to deal with the the rest of her life...we hope it will be this kind)

3. One week her numbers are low and the next they are high...they just form a pattern of high and low and we pray that if she catches something it is when her nuetrophils are at the high point.

So I want to thank you for all of your prayers and I know that has helped us to get through this little speed bump.

I am now in NC visiting my family and we are having a great time. Sorry honey that I had to leave you behind, but you have to work to support my habits! JK. I hope everything is going great back in CO!

If you want to see me while I am here (*Hailey*) and you don't have my new number, just call me at my parents house...they are in the phone book!

Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers! We love you guys!

I will let you know more as we get more info!

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Thank you cause I have been checking everyday. I hope you hear good news next time. Sorry she is going to have to get blood drawn again. Have fun in NC

Karen Nelson said...

So glad she is doing better than you had thought. I have been checking daily myself! Have a great time and take care!

Anonymous said...

You're in NC....I would love to see you!!!!! Call me and let me know when you're free!

Jenna

J'Nette said...

i'm so sorry to hear about everything. i hope things are going better for you and your little one. You are in my prayers!