Thursday, March 27, 2008

14 weeks! and "maternity" shirts!

Do any of you have clothes that you absolutely LOVE, but they might not be the most flattering for your figure?

Well I have this shirt that I bought this past summer that I love. It is just a black and white top with an empire waist that is cute with a pair of jeans or with a skirt. I guess it must not look "great" on me because in August I was asked if I was pregnant while wearing it...at this time I DEFINITELY WAS NOT!

I again wore this shirt yesterday because now if people think I am pregnant it doesn't matter, it is for real this time. I guess it really is a shirt I shouldn't wear unless I am really pregnant because 2 ladies at school, who know I am pregnant, told me I was "showing", while wearing this shirt. How am I supossed to take that? I guess I am a little more curvy now, but I still haven't gained any weight! This is just funny to me. I didn't realize one little shirt could make so many people see the "pregnant" side of you. I didn't think it looked like that when I bought it. I just thought it was a cute CHEAP shirt that would hide the extra weight I may have been carrying at the time. Well I have learned my lesson now.

But to move on to other topics. I am 14 weeks now and SOOOO EXCITED about EVERYTHING! I have another dr's appointment today to make sure everything is going great. It should all be good news. I am feeling a little better and I can tell I am starting to get some energy back. So YAY for 2nd trimesters!

Once I start REALLY "showing" I will have to put some cute pictures of me up here. Until then...you will just have to stand on edge waiting to see the pregnant side of ME!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I definitely have a shirt that makes me look pregnant...and it's empire waist. I think it's just the style...loose fitting and kinda baggy around the stomach area. Also, pregnant women tend to choose empire styled clothing. No worries!!! You need to post some pics!! I bet you're soo cute!!~

Michelle said...

How can you talk about cute maternity-ish shirts and NOT post a picture of you in it?!!? I have a shirt like that too. I never wore it b/c I swear I looked pregnant in it and then the first day I wore it when I was pregnant, everyone was like "Awwww" "So Cute" etc. Fun stuff! I can't wait to see pics! :)

Anonymous said...

I have a shirt that makes me look pregnant too and I love to wear it with jeans, but I haven't worn it in a while since so many people asked. So maybe someday I will get preggers again and I'll pull it out again.... :)

Amy said...

Ah yes, the empire waist shirts...I wore one yesterday that made looked like a tent, seriously. I am really getting huge. I also love all the comments that you get when you're pregnant. Get ready, everyone has an opinion. "Oh, you're only x weeks, you're so tiny." "Wow, you're only x weeks, you're so huge." Do people really think it's okay to say these things? It really irritates me. But I bet you will be really cute pregnant! Can't wait to see it!

stephanie howard said...

LOL, I get asked about four times a year when I am due! I just smile and say... I am not pregnant, I am just fat! Then the open mouth insert foot look comes, it's great to watch there faces. As for am she is so not big! I saw her last week and she looked great. She is so thin that any baby on her is going to stick right out front. You can't even tell she is prego. from the back.