Thursday, March 27, 2008

EXCITEMENT!!!!

So I just wanted to let everyone know...we have a VERY ACTIVE baby! The doctor couldn't find the heartbeat today so she sent us over to the ultrasound room. LUCKILY the technician was there today. So she found the heartbeat again and well, the reason the doc. couldn't find it is because the baby was moving around too much to hear it!

So the ultrasound technician, to be nice, showed us our baby and even printed out pictures.

So here is the first glimpse into baby RANKIN!!!!



If you can't tell, that big round thing on the left side of the picture is his head.

Also, I am kinda worried because the doctor told us it was a big baby already. I AM SCARED!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for your ultrasound!! Isn't it great when you can take those pics home and when you show people they are like...I don't see anything...lol you just have to know what to look for!!
I'm so excited for you!!

Wendi said...

How exciting! Yay for the "lima bean"! Isn't it funny how someone that tiny can make us realize more love than we ever thought possible! You will be fine!

Amy said...

Congrats on your ultrasound! They are so good now. My first one with this baby had little stubby arms, it was so cute. It's always such a relief to know everything is okay. Very exciting!!

Laura said...

Aw, that is so exciting! I think they're cute even when they're inside! I find out on Tuesday whether we're having a boy or girl. We didn't get a picture from our first ultrasound, so I better get some this time! Don't worry too much about the baby being big. My mom has a 10lb. 11 oz. baby and did just fine.

stephanie howard said...

What a cute little peanut! Of course your baby will be big, when your parents are 5'10" + that is expected. If I am remebering right wasn't your mom's babies pretty big? It will be OK, it's better to have big then to small.

Michelle said...

It makes me smile that the doctor said your baby was already a "big baby." Becuase when I look at your ultrasound picture, I can't help but thinking how TINY the baby looks!!! So fun! I love being able to SEE the baby for the first time! It starts to feel more real...and yet, surreal at the same time!

Sela.Olivia said...

congratulations Meredith! I'm sooo excited that you're pregnant! Can't wait to see you again!

love
sela!