Monday, March 17, 2008

VERY PRODUCTIVE

So, yesterday I actually started feeling a little better after Church and I wanted to be somewhat productive. I was excited because of what I got done. Yes, I understand I am not supposed to work or do chores on Sunday, but that is not what I am getting at...just keep reading.

I thought it would be a great idea to prepare meals for the week. So i begin by making a lasagna for dinner. By MAKING I actually mean getting a Stoffer's lasagna out of the freezer popping it into the oven for a little while and then putting extra moz. cheese on it to make it delicious. But that is beside the point. I was cooking the lasagna and then began boiling chicken to make chicken salad. But that wasn't enough. After the chicken was boiled I got out 1/2 dozen eggs and boiled those as well. Yes, I know...this is more than I have done in like the past month. So I made egg salad, and took out the lasagna for dinner.

Then Adam and I ate dinner/lunch as we played Halo 3 with Cameron and Tyler (my little brothers) and Samuel my SUDO little brother. You might think this is so uncool, but I love HALO! I think it is a lot of fun. I am not very good, but I got started with Adam when we were dating and played Halo 2 every so often. I don't know what it is, but it is really fun to me.

Well after numerous games, we decided it was time to get off. We then together cut up the boiled chicken from earlier. I tried to cut it up earlier, but I was getting really tired and dizzy, so I put it in the fridge for Adam to do later. Well we made the chicken salad together. It was fun taste testing as we went along since there really aren't exact measurements in my mom's recipe. But we finished that and were proud of ourselves. Now we have food for like the whole week!!! YAY FOR ME!

So that was my productive Sunday Afternoon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were very busy! I had to laugh when I read you love Halo...I haven't gotten into it myself but do have to laugh pretty hard when the YM come to play it here :-)
Now come on over here and make me food for a week!!

Wendi said...

I can't believe you can discuss food and food preparation this early. I was like 6 months before I could cook chicken. Even saying the word "RAW" anything made me heave. You are lucky. I am with Rebecca...come fix my meals for the week!

Merde said...

I think I will pass. Sorry ladies! Fixing those things about killed me!

Lyla And Company! said...

Oh Meredith your mama should be so proud!! good for you and it sounds like you are on the upswing to feeling better...love you!! Lyla

The Reeses said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!!! I had no idea. I am so excited for you.
kristy