Monday, May 12, 2008

21 Weeks and Carrots

I am officially 21 weeks along (I will update the picture on the sidebar later...). I can't believe I have been pregnant for this long. I thought I would share with all of you that I have finally gone shopping for some maternity clothes. This is the beginning. I can still button up my jeans, but they were getting mighty tight around the tummy. So I have lasted 21 weeks with my "pre-pregnancy" jeans. All of my other clothes didn't really fit well anymore. I don't really have many "maternity" shirts yet, but I do have many normal shirts with empire waists that work very well.

So I just thought I would let you know that I am finally in the most comfortable pants of my life. I don't understand why we don't just wear elastic ALL THE TIME!

Katie threatened me on Saturday, when I came home with my new purchases. She told me that I better not continue to wear maternity clothes after having a baby or she would have to let Clinton and Stacy know! I am very TEMPTED!!! I mean who doesn't want professional advice and $5000 to spend?!?!?!

But my little girl is now the length of a carrot about 10 1/2 inches from head to heel and weighs about 12 ounces! She is growing so fast!

One last thing just to make my sis-in-law Michelle happy...at 25 weeks she had gained a total of 17 pounds...
Mishi...I have lost about 15 and not put anything back on. HAHAHA!! I LOVE YOU!

ps. for those who don't know...she is due in July!

I hope everything is going better for you! Keep taking care of yourself!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, that's just depressing! Don't worry, you still have 4 weeks to gain 32 pounds and then we can be tied at 25 weeks!!!! MWAHAHHAA! Ok, somehow I DOUBT you'll gain that much that fast. Sigh. But just you wait till you hit the 6th/7th month...the baby starts to grow and WOAH so does your belly and the weight on the scale!!! I still can't believe that you LOST 15 lbs!! Is your doctor worried at all? Although I have heard some women do lose weight the 1st trimester...just not me! Ok, wow this comment is getting LONG! I also just have to say aren't maternity pants the best?!?!? I can't believe how comfy they are...haha But they can "look" cute not just like sweats. That's why I love them!

Anonymous said...

meredith.. how have you lost 15lbs?? but umm.. elastic pants.. i don't know about that for me.. although if i ever found some that were long enoguh i probably would go for it. i just find it funny that you're so happy for elastic and yet if you remember, chrissy was way ahead of you in always wanting to wear elastic jeans and refused to buy new jeans that were long enough for her because she had to button them up.. :)
maybe this just means that we should listen to the advice of 10yr olds.. they may know more than we do.

Merde said...

Mishi- no the doctor isn't worried. I had plenty I could have lost before I got pregnant, so I am good. My tummy keeps getting bigger though...I will be depressed when the scale starts going up. Actually, no, I won't. I understand it is normal so I will just have to let you know when I meet your weight gain...if I ever do.

Ali- I still say 10 yr olds don't know fashion. I am sorry, but I won't follow her lead. There is a difference between her clothes and the clothes I am wearing now!

Laura said...

Maternity pants ARE the BEST pants ever! I started wearing them at 17 weeks because I sit all day and they were cutting into my stomach. Anyways, I don't understand why all pants aren't made like maternity ones. I must admit, I'm not very fond of the maternity shirts though.

Katie said...

Ummmm...I do live with you and could take that picture for you, you know!

Anonymous said...

It's fun to watch your tummy grow. I showed Nana this blog and picture yesterday and she was thrilled! Can't wait for you to get home. And next time, let Katie take your picture. HAHA....

Love you,
MOM