Monday, May 19, 2008

22 Weeks and Pumpkin Squash

Well, I just thought I would put another picture of me at now 22 weeks. The pregnancy is going really well. I am not having any problems anymore. The only thing is, I am not sleeping very well anymore. That whole going to the bathroom 500 times a day has started. It was sorta bad at the very beginning of pregnancy, but it stopped after about 8 weeks. Now, I am waking up all the time at night.

Our little girl is now almost 1 pound, 11 inches long and about the size of a spaghetti squash. Wow that is crazy how fast she is growing!

Also, something that is really great, but can be not so great when you are waking up in the middle of the night...our little girl moves a LOT at night. When I get up to go to the bathroom and lay back down, I feel like our baby is doing sommersaults in my stomach. I am excited that I can feel her move, but when you are trying to go back to sleep at 3 in the morning, well you get the picture. It is really fun to feel her so often now. I am just excited for when other people will be able to feel her (especially Adam).
So here is me at 22 weeks!



8 comments:

Laura said...

Looking cute! Um, those acrobatic moves just get stronger! My baby girl is so active around 10:30 at night and you can see my whole stomach move. When Adam was first able to feel her, he'd have to put a little pressure on my stomach to feel anything. Now, if I'm laying beside him and my stomach is touching him (even just a little bit) he can feel her wiggle all over.
Oh yeah, don't expect the sleeping situation to get better anytime soon.

Hailey said...

You better call me when you get to NC. I want to see you! We need to put a Peach House chicken salad sandwich and Pizza Villa pizza crackers in that belly for that baby. :-)

Michelle said...

I love the picture - and wow, you didn't have to take it yourself! :) Ahhh...the 500 trips to the bathroom. Mine were bad all during my 1st trimester and then tapered off some during my 2nd trimester and then came back. It's such a joy to have to get up all night. And I second what Laura says about the baby movements...it was so bad last night I was having a hard time concentrating on studying...and when Jeff gave me my shot, the baby kicked him...it was funny and hard not to laugh, which is dangerous when there is a needle sticking in your belly!

Anonymous said...

Hi BABE,
My, you have grown this week!! She must be eating well now. Amazing to compare the 21 week picture to this week's picture!! It's great that you are taking weekly pictures so we can see the changes. Thanks so much from your Mom for doing that for me. Can't wait to see you in person. Only 10 more days.

Love you,
MOM

Ashley said...

She's going to be a dancer~

Merde said...

Ash, Are you going to be her teacher? You better give family a discount or something! hehe

Ashley said...

duh!! of course!!!~

stephanie howard said...

You look so cute! You actually look pregnant now, with your cute little squash:-)