Thursday, May 8, 2008

Need Some Help

So now that I am having a little girl, my mom is thinking about what she and my dad will be called as grandparents. She can't find any name that she thinks is cute or that she likes.

We now need your help and suggestions on what to call grandparents.

They will NOT be grandma and grandpa because that just DOES NOT fit them. Also, Adam's parents will be Grandma and Grandpa I am sure. Nana and Papa are already taken. For those who don't know...my mom's parents are Nana and Papa and that would just be weird!

They don't want any "old" sounding names, so we need your creativity! Please leave your comments with your suggestions!

Thanks for your help!

ps. Wendi I really appreciate the Moo Moo and Poo Poo, but I don't quite think that is what we are going for. Could you imagine a little girl walking up to you and saying this is my Poo Poo. I think she would get some weird looks! Maybe that is just me, but oh well.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I already left my vote for Joycious on the previous blog, although that is a mouthful for any small young 'un. As for Bruce, just there are so many amazing choices I could come up with, but I'm sure each would be vetoed. I will think more seriously about this and let you know in August when I see you in NC.

Hailey said...

This was hard for my parents too. So I came up with KK for my Mom since her name is Karen. And Caroline calls my Dad Jay-Bird since his name is Jay. I will think of something cute and let you know. I agree that Mrs. Joy and Mr. Bruce do NOT look like a Grandma or Grandpa, or a Granny and Grandaddy. STRANGE! I will keep you updated on my thoughts.

Michelle said...

Haha - I'm the worst at this. We always just called both sets of grandparents grandma and grandpa. The good news is that you don't have your baby for a while and then she won't be able to talk for a while...so maybe you will have some time to figure something out?

By the way, I like the "Moo Moo" and "Poo Poo" suggestion...but yeah, I guess it isn't really appropriate.

Katie said...

I don't know why you are even voting. Our kids are SO calling them Joycious and Brucious...it's just too good.

Mother Goose said...

My grandpa was G-Pa because he was so hip! Grandma could be G-Ma.

Anonymous said...

Oh Katie, I LOVE the Brucious!!!

Merde said...

Yeah Pamela...we all think it should be joycious and brucious, but they are just not going for it. But every other name I hear or read about just doesn't fit them!


which leads me to my next blog...please read...

Lyla And Company! said...

How about Mama J and Papa B!