Friday, May 9, 2008

Another name blog...

This goes right along with the last blog, so please help us out.

The grandparent names that I/we have read about just aren't working yet. So Katie, Chad, Me, Adam, Tyler, Lauren, and Cameron and all made a decision. We think Mom and Dad (Joy and Bruce) should be called Joycious and Brucious.

Yes, we all do understand that it might be a little difficult to pronounce at the beginning, but how CUTE!!!!

This name, I think began because of my little brother Tyler. I am not really sure why or how, but I guess my mom can correct me with the exact story...just read the comments later...I am sure she will give a full explanation.

For those who don't know, our family is full of nicknames. Cameron is da Booba, I am Geeze, Tyler is Dudnens (I have no idea how to spell it) I don't think Chad ever really got one since he was the oldest child. My mom just came up with stupid baby names and they have stuck! Booba/Cameron is the only one that has REALLY stuck. Anyone who really knows Cameron has probably called him Booba at some point.

But with this knowledge, for some reason (which a further explanation will come if there really is one) my Mom got the name of Joycious. We LOVE calling her this, and to include my Dad he is the Brucious.

So with this knowledge, what do you think about these names continuing forever as grandparent names.

Please let us know what you think!

Thanks for your help!

8 comments:

Wendi said...

I hope you know I meant the whole "Moo Moo" and "Poo Poo" thing in the most sarcastic of ways.

I found a website that had 100's of ideas. I shared with your mom my favorites...they were all BAD!

I just like to tease. I am like that!

I hate to break it to you, but ultimately your baby will choose what SHE will call them.
We wanted our kids to call my parents Grandmommy Susie and Granddaddy Max.
Didn't happen.
They are Gramma Susie and Papa Max.
Chad's parents were already Grandma and Grandpa Howard. Nope...not to my kids...they call them Nana and Papa.
Whatever your precious children call them... Joy Joy, Joycious, Hot Granny Joy, Moo Moo, Bruce Bruce, Brucious, Hot Poppy Bruce, Poo Poo.
Whatever.
One thing is for sure... it will be the most fabulous name their ears will ever hear!
Good luck in your quest for the perfect name!
Let the name-calling commence!

Charlissa said...

Those are really cute names Meredith. I know some kids that called their grandma Lolli and their grandpa Pop so they were their kids LolliPop. It was so cute!

Merde said...

Wendi, yes I know you were being sarcastic. Most of the things that come out of your mouth are. I have known you too long not to know that. And I know kids will just say what they want, but it would be nice to try to get them to say something.

Lippy, that is so cute. LOLLIPOP!!!

Anonymous said...

Meredith, Long before you were born, your dad was "Cutie" and your mom was "Dougie". (Think of her middle name) I, of course, was "Ella". So the nickname thing seems to be tradition in the Reese household.

Lyla And Company! said...

I like them Meredith!!It fits them!! The 3rd generation in my family call my mom Grandma Great! Since we are all the g-mas and nanas we had to make something different for our Queen Mom Tilini so we came up with this when George's son was born and it has stuck...I like it!

Hailey said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY NEW MOMMY! YOUR FIRST MOTHER'S DAY. :-)

Ashley said...

I like these names...they totally fit!!! How exciting...yay!!!~

stephanie howard said...

ROTFLMBO! I love it, you crack me up! I remember when Landon was little and he called my mom Damnma, and me Dad Peepa. It was so funny when your mom heard it she said... "no way would her grand children call her that"! I can still see the look on her face it was priceless!