Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Tour

So last night Adam and I went on a tour of the Labor and Delivery part of the hospital. They like everyone to do this before giving birth so they kinda know what is going on. We were there with a group of about 5 or 6 couples and all I have to say is it was very interesting.

Have you ever been around one of those people who try to make really funny comments constantly, but they are REALLY not funny. Like it almost hurts for you to even giggle a little just to be nice. Well, this was our "tour guide". I have never met anyone like this woman. She is one of the nurses in the nursery, so I am sure I will see her again. Adam and I (along with everyone else in the group) had a painful time trying to be nice and smile at everything she said. Half of the time I have no idea what she was even talking about. I just really think she had been working a 120 hour shift and was so tired she couldn't think straight. That has to be her excuse!

So we saw the labor room and then the room you go afterwards. It is weird to think it is really so close. Adam and I could be in there any day now. Yes, we want to wait 2 more weeks just because of my work schedule, but we literally could be in there TOMORROW! That is scary to think about. At least we are all ready for our little girl. My bag is getting packed, the nursery is completed, we have so many cute clothes, and we even have a car seat ready to be installed. Now for the hard part! The labor part! I guess we will just have to wait and see how it goes.

But lastly I would just like to say, the end of the tour stops at the nursery windows in the hospital. Can I just say I am SOOOOO glad we got there when we did. There were two BRAND NEW BABIES!!!!!! One was a little girl who was a c-section and was so precious I could hardly stand it. She was 6 pounds 10 ounces and so tiny. We watched her come into the nursery with her daddy less than 20 minutes old. We watched them do all the checking they had to and then just gawked at her through the window. The second was a little boy who was a little over an hour old. We also watched him come down to the nursery after spending about an hour with his mommy upstairs in labor and delivery. He was maybe 5 pounds something... HE WAS TINY!!!

It really just made things so real. I can't believe I have a little baby that will be here so soon. I looked at Adam and I think he was just in awe also to think this will be us in a few weeks or less. Just pray for us that everything goes well and that everyone stays and is healthy!

5 comments:

Katie said...

I can't believe it's almost here. Also, I can't believe you are across the country so I can't come hold the little gal. I mean honestly! I've lived by you for the last three years, and you decide to have a child right after I LEAVE?! So unfair. I am looking forward to lots of pictures. And labor and delivery stories. I want a play by play. But nothing that frightens me out of having children of my own =-)

Christy said...

best of luck to you meredith! i'm sure things will go well and how neat that you got to have that tour before actually in labor. great idea. i can't wait to hear how it all goes!!!

stephanie howard said...

Oh so exciting! Can't wait, we will be praying for you<3

snow said...

Dana Killinger Taylor just had a sweet baby girl yesterday: Elizabeth McNeill Taylor. Lulu and Paige are there for the big event!

This is a time you will look back on as one of the happiest in your entire life. Even though I had almost everything that could go wrong with my first delivery, I was instantly ready for #2 as it was worth every moment! We'll have you in our thoughts and prayers.

Rachel said...

I am so excited!!! I am so happy for you guys...let us know how everything goes!! You all will be in our prayers.