Monday, October 13, 2008

Life as we know it

Nana Joy has now left and is back home in sunny NC! We really enjoyed having her here. The only problem is she completely spoiled Mackenzie rotten in only a few days. I am so glad she was here to help out, but now Mackenzie wakes up EVERY time I put her down. She can be sleeping in my arms and in a really really deep sleep, but the second I lay her down, she is wide awake wondering why anyone would ever put her down. THANKS MOM!!!! :)

Now as soon as we get her to not have to be held all the time, we are going to see family again....and it will be back to the beginning again. I guess that is what you get when you have the first grandchild/granddaughter.

When we do get her to sleep without being held, this is what she looks like.


So many people told me that she will like being swaddled, but they were all wrong. If this little girl has her hands swaddled or even held down, she is not happy at all! She loves to sleep with her hands by her head.

Ok, she just woke up from her nap, so I have to run.

6 comments:

Hailey said...

Meredith she is beautiful.
Hope things get better.
Big kisses to her.

Hailey

Christy said...

sophie didn't like being swaddled either. so many people swear by it, but it never worked for us.

hope you can get some sleep!!

Rachel said...

she is beautiful!! good work!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I miss her so much! I'm sorry I spoiled her, but I thought that was my job??? She is so precious, and I wish you were closer so I could help. Keep those pics coming, I love it! Good luck on getting some sleep; be patient, she will figure out a schedule in the next 6-8 weeks, we hope.....

Love you,
Mom

Mother Goose said...

Sounds just like Avery, first grandchild, held all the time, wouldn't take a nap in her bed,and hated being swaddled. I found that I could get her to take a nap on the couch. I know it sounds awful, but it worked. I think it was because she had something firm surronding more sides of her. I would get her situated on the couch and then I would pull out my pillow and blanket and lay on the floor next to her and either read a book or take a nap myself. Good luck! You'll find something that works for Mackenzie. She is a cutie!

Emily said...

I love the hands over her head. What a cute girl!